The true nature of the enmity between the Muslims and the Jews
Praise be to Allaah, and peace and blessings be upon the Messenger of Allaah and upon all his family and companions.
In these days the Muslim ummah is going through some difficult times and painful circumstances, one of the greatest of which is the Jewish domination over the Muslims in Palestine, where they are killing their men and youth, and terrifying their women and children, burning their mosques and destroying their homes, besieging them and starving them.
The way in which the Muslim views events and evaluates them is based on the Qur'aan and Sunnah. So we will make the following comments about these events to remind ourselves of how we should deal with this matters and prepare ourselves to deal with our enemies.
Why do we hate the Jews? We hate them for the sake of our Lord, we hate them for the sake of Allaah because they slandered Allaah and they killed and slandered His Prophets.
- They are the ones of whom Allaah tells us in His book (interpretation of the meaning):
"The Jews say: "Allaah's Hand is tied up (i.e. He does not give and spend of His Bounty)." Be their hands tied up and be they accursed for what they uttered. Nay, both His Hands are widely outstretched. He spends (of His Bounty) as He wills. Verily, the Revelation that has come to you from your Lord (Allaah) increases in most of them (their) obstinate rebellion and disbelief. We have put enmity and hatred amongst them till the Day of Resurrection. Every time they kindled the fire of war, Allaah extinguished it; and they (ever) strive to make mischief on the earth. And Allaah does not like the Mufsidoon (mischief makers)" [al-Maa'idah 5:64]
- They are the ones who said:
" 'Truly, Allaah is poor and we are rich!' We shall record what they have said and their killing of the Prophets unjustly, and We shall say: 'Taste you the torment of the burning (Fire)'"
[Aal 'Imraan 3:181 - interpretation of the meaning]
- They are the ones who attributed a son to Allaah:
"And the Jews say: 'Uzayr (Ezra) is the son of Allaah"
[al-Tawbah 9:30 - interpretation of the meaning]
Exalted be Allaah above what they say!
"He to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and Who has begotten no son (children or offspring) and for Whom there is no partner in the dominion. He has created everything, and has measured it exactly according to its due measurements"
[al-Furqaan 25:2 - interpretation of the meaning]
- They themselves said in the so-called Talmud that God - we seek His forgiveness - is not infallible or free from folly, anger and lying.
- In their Talmud it also says that the rabbis have authority over God, and He has to carry out whatever they wish.
- And they say that God spends three hours a day playing with the king of the fishes.
Glorified be Allaah far above all that they say:
"We created not the heavens and the earth and all that is between them for a (mere) play.
Had We intended to take a pastime (i.e. a wife or a son), We could surely, have taken it from Us, if We were going to do (that).
Nay, We fling (send down) the truth (this Qur'aan) against the falsehood (disbelief), so it destroys it, and behold, it (falsehood) is vanished. And woe to you for that (lie) which you ascribe (to Allaah by uttering that Allaah has a wife and a son)" [al-Anbiyaa' 21:16-18 - interpretation of the meaning]
- In their Talmud it says that the Jews are dearer to God than the angels, and that the one who slaps a Jew is like one who slaps the Divine glory.
But Allaah has shown them to be liars, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):
"And (both) the Jews and the Christians say: 'We are the children of Allaah and His loved ones.' Say: 'Why then does He punish you for your sins?' Nay, you are but human beings of those He has created, He forgives whom He wills and He punishes whom He wills. And to Allaah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them; and to Him is the return (of all)" [al-Maa'idah 5:18]
- They also say in their Talmud that God consults the rabbis on earth when there is a problem for which He cannot find a solution in heaven. Exalted be Allaah far above all that they say! Is there anything that the Lord is not able to do? Glorified and exalted be He, for He is Able to do all things.
"Verily, His Command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says to it, 'Be!' and it is!"
[Yaa-Seen 36: 82 - interpretation of the meaning]
- In the Talmud they say in the most audacious manner that the teaching of the rabbis cannot be undone or changed, even by the command of God.
Glory be to Allaah, Who says of the Jews (interpretation of the meaning):
"They (Jews and Christians) took their rabbis and their monks to be their lords besides Allaah (by obeying them in things which they made lawful or unlawful according to their own desires without being ordered by Allaah)"
These are the ones of whom Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
"O you who believe! Verily, there are many of the (Jewish) rabbis and the (Christian) monks who devour the wealth of mankind in falsehood, and hinder (them) from the way of Allaah (i.e. Allaah's religion of Islamic Monotheism).
- These Jews are the ones who think that they are everything and that everyone else is nothing. Among the things that they about non-Jews, as stated in their Talmud, are the following:
· The sperm of the non-Jew is like the sperm of any other animal.
· Every Jew has to do his utmost to prevent all other nations from having any possessions on earth, so that the Jews alone will have power and authority.
· If God had not created the Jews, there would be no blessing on earth.
· Those who are outside of the Jewish religion are filthy pigs.
· The souls of the Jews are dear to God, but as far as all other souls are concerned, the souls of non-Jews are devilish souls which resemble the souls of animals.
· The Jew is not at fault if he attacks the honour of a non-Jewish woman, because all marriage contracts among the non-Jews are null and void, and the non-Jewish woman is considered to be an animal, and there are no contracts between animals.
· The Jews have the right to rape non-Jewish women.
· Fornication with a non-Jew, whether male or female is not punishable, because they [non-Jews] are the descendants of animals.
· No Jewish woman has the right to complain if her husband commits adultery with a non-Jewish woman in the marital home.
It is not surprising that they would say such things, since they are the ones of whom Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
"because they say: 'There is no blame on us to betray and take the properties of the illiterates (Arabs).' But they tell a lie against Allaah while they know it" [Aal 'Imraan 3:75]
Among their beliefs about the fate of non-Jews in the Hereafter is what they stated in their Talmud:
· Paradise is the abode of the Jewish souls, and none will enter Paradise except the Jews.
This is in accordance with what Allaah says about them:
"And they say, 'None shall enter Paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian." These are their own desires. Say (O Muhammad), "Produce your proof if you are truthful'" [al-Baqarah 2:111]
- These Jews are the ones who killed the Prophets of Allaah and slandered them. In their Talmud they said about 'Eesa (Jesus) (peace be upon him) that he was illegitimate and that his mother became pregnant with him whilst she was menstruating, and that he was a trickster, one who led others astray, a fool and the liar of the children of Israel. They said that he was crucified and died, and that he was buried in Hell, where he is being punished in a cauldron of filthy boiling water.
Allaah says concerning their lies about the Messiah (peace be upon him) and his mother (interpretation of the meaning):
"Because of their breaking the covenant, and of their rejecting the Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allaah, and of their killing the Prophets unjustly, and of their saying: 'Our hearts are wrapped (with coverings, i.e. we do not understand what the Messengers say)' - nay, Allaah has set a seal upon their hearts because of their disbelief, so they believe not but a little.
And because of their (Jews) disbelief and uttering against Maryam (Mary) a grave false charge (that she has committed illegal sexual intercourse);
And because of their saying (in boast), 'We killed Messiah 'Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allaah,' - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared so to them the resemblance of 'Eesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man)], and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. 'Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)]" [al-Nisaa' 4:155-157]
- They are the ones whose enmity towards our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is expressed in their Talmud in the following terms: "Because the Christ was a liar and because Muhammad acknowledged him, and the one who acknowledges a liar is a liar like him, we must fight the second liar just as we fought the first liar."
(For more information on what they say in the Talmud, see Fadaa'ih al-Talmud (Scandals of the Talmud) by I. Prentice, p. 57 ff., and Dafaa'in al-Nafs al-Yahoodiyyah by Muhammad al-Za'bi).
And here they are today saying that God regrets having created the Palestinians, and wrapping a pig's head in pages of the Mus-haf on which is written "Muhammad", to throw it into al-Masjid al-Aqsaa in order to offend the Muslims, and drawing a pig on a wall and writing on it the name of our Prophet, and putting a star of David beneath it.
- Our enmity towards them is an ideological enmity, not a political enmity. We do not hate them only because they are occupiers. The matter goes further back than that, as we have stated above. We also hate them for their crimes against the House of Allaah, al-Masjid al-Aqsaa, for their setting fire to it and their attempts to destroy it, for their digging tunnels beneath it. And we hate them for killing our brothers and for using lethal weapons, whose bullets penetrate the heads of Muslims and then explode inside them.
- Ten fragments found in the brain of a Muslim child; bullets shot from a silent weapon so that the Muslims would not realize that one of their brethren had fallen wounded and rush to save him; missiles which explode in the midst of unarmed Muslims, with the result that even a person's family cannot recognize his features; poison gases which they claim are used to disperse demonstrators, but which in fact cause suffocation and death; shooting at ambulances, killing some ambulance workers and injuring others; preventing a car carrying a Muslim woman who was about to give birth from reaching the hospital, so that she had to give birth in the car; firing 500 and 800 bullets, and dumdum bullets, blowing apart the heads of their Muslim victims. One hundred and sixty killed; five thousand wounded; hundreds disabled and unable to spend on their families. Chemicals added to reservoirs in Palestine so as to make the Muslim women infertile and unable to conceive. Changing the curriculum studied by Muslims in Palestine by adding and taking away material at whim.
- We believe that there is no pure evil in what Allaah does; there must be some aspect of good. This is the belief of Ahl al-Sunnah wa'l-Jamaa'ah. So through these bloody events in the land of Palestine we can see positive aspects which give the Muslims hope of a bright future and coming victory, in sha Allaah. Among these positive aspects are the following:
- Deep conviction among the Muslim masses that the only way to defeat the Jews is jihaad for the sake of Allaah. There is a great demand for this duty, which is the pinnacle of Islam, to be carried out.
- The fall of the banners of nationalism, revolution, democracy and all other forms of Jaahiliyyah, and the raising of the banner of "Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah" among the Muslims.
- Immense courage among the huge crowds of Muslims in Palestine who confront the Jews with all their tanks, vehicles, weapons and equipment.
- The return of the principle of Muslims being all one body, and the practical implementation among the Muslim masses of the idea explained by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): "The believers, in their mutual love, compassion and mercy, are like one body; if one part of it is suffering, the rest of the parts of the body join it in its fever and sleeplessness." (A saheeh hadeeth).
- This has been manifested in the great amounts of charity that Muslims have donated for their brothers, and the initiatives to move some of the wounded to where they can be treated and their fellow-Muslims can visit them. Imaams have offered qunoot du'aa's (du'aa' during regular prayers offered at times of calamity) throughout the length and breadth of the Islamic world. Muslims at all levels have expressed their solidarity with their brothers, and some Muslim children have even tried to go to Palestine to throw rocks at the Jews!
- The Islamic dimensions of this issue have become clear to many Muslims, as is manifested in their slogans which clearly point to the Islamic nature of this issue and the status which al-Masjid al-Aqsaa has in the eyes of the Muslims. The slogan which annoys the Jews the most - as one of their theorists has admitted - is the slogan "Khaybar, Khaybar yaa yahood, jayshu Muhammad sawfa ya'ood (Khaybar, Khaybar, O Jews, the army of Muhammad will return)." One of the Jews said: "We have to realize how critical our situation is. These people do not mean that the army of Muhammad will come only from the cities of the West Bank and Gaza Strip. They mean that this army will come from every place where Muhammad is respected and where he is believed to be a Prophet, and after that there will be no talk of peace."
- The process of normalizing relations with the Jews has ground to a halt, or has been slowed down considerably. This process poses one of the greatest dangers to the ummah. The voices calling for peace with the Jews have been virtually silenced now that they have seen the Jews breaking their promises, covenants and agreements one after another, confirming what Allaah says about them (interpretation of the meaning):
"Is it not (the case) that every time they make a covenant, some party among them throw it aside? Nay! (the truth is:) most of them believe not" [al-Baqarah 2:100]
Despite the many things that we have seen which give us cause for optimism, we must not forget the following points:
- That the reason for this humiliation that we have been going through rests with us ourselves. All the bad things that happen to us come from our own selves, and if we want Allaah to take this humiliation away from us, we have no choice but to return to Him, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):
"Verily never will Allaah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls)"
The ummah has to repent from the shirk and bid'ah and sins that it has fallen into.
- Some people are still confused about the matter of seeking help from the mushrikeen and depending on the kuffaar, or mixing the banners of Islam and the banners of the people of shirk. Among the conditions of victory is that this confusion must be dispelled:
"so that those who were to be destroyed (for their rejecting the Faith) might be destroyed after a clear evidence, and those who were to live (i.e. believers) might live after a clear evidence"
[al-Anfaal 8:42 - interpretation of the meaning].
Our path starts with the word of Tawheed ("Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah") so that we may unite on the path of the Messengers, may the blessings and peace of Allaah be upon them all.
- We have a long way to go before we are prepared as Allaah commands us. What are we doing to fulfil the command of Allaah? As He says (interpretation of the meaning):
"And make ready against them all you can of power, including steeds of war (tanks, planes, missiles, artillery) to threaten the enemy of Allaah and your enemy, and others besides whom, you may not know but whom Allaah does know. And whatever you shall spend in the Cause of Allaah shall be repaid unto you, and you shall not be treated unjustly" [al-Anfaal 8:60]
Finally, we ask Allaah to save the weak and oppressed believers and to humiliate the Jews and mushrikeen, and grant victory to the people of Tawheed. May He expel the Jews from Bayt al-Maqdis (Jerusalem), humiliated and defeated. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad and all his family and companions.
-Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid