Signs of A Weak Imaan and Ways to Increase your Imaan
Signs of weak Imaan:
1.Committing sins and not feeling any guilt.
2.Having a hard heart .
3.Neglecting the Sunnah.
4.Not feeling anything when hearing verses from the Quran, for example when Allah warns us of punishments and His promise of glad tidings.
5.Not feeling bad when things are done against the Shariah.
6.Not feeling the responsibility to do something to promote Islam.
7.Being unable to deal with calamities
8.Liking to argue just for the sake of arguing without any proof.
9.Becoming engrossed and very involved with dunya, worldly things.
10.Becoming engrossed and obsessive about ourselves.
to Increase your Imaan:
1. Recite and ponder on the meanings of the Quran. Tranquility then descends and our hearts become soft. To get optimum benefit, remind yourself that Allah is speaking to you. People are described in different categories in the Quran; think of which one you find yourself in.
2. Realize the greatness of Allah. Everything is under His control. There are signs in everything we see that points us to His greatness. Everything happens according to His permission. Allah keeps track and looks after everything, even a black ant on a black rock on a black moonless night.
3. Attend gatherings where Allah is remembered. In such gatherings we are surrounded by angels.
4. We have to increase our good deeds. One good deed leads to another good deed. Good deeds must be done continuously, not in spurts.
5. We must fear the miserable end to our lives; the remembrance of death is the destroyer of pleasures.
6. Remember the different levels of akhirah, for instance when we are put in our graves, when we are judged, whether we will be in paradise or hell.
7. Make dua, realize that we need Allah. Be humble. Don't covet material things in this life.
8. Our love for Subhana Wa Ta'Ala must be shown in actions. We must hope Allah will accept our prayers, and be in constant fear that we do wrong. At night before going to sleep, we must think about what good we did during that day.
9. Realize the effects of sins and disobedience- one's imaan is increased with good deeds and our imaan is decreased by bad deeds. Everything that happens is because Allah wanted it. When calamity befalls us- it is also from Allah. It is a direct result of our disobedience to Allah.