Are Prayers Our Not Answered??
Once, a group of people gathered around Ibraheem ibn Adham and said "Allah says in the Quran 'Call upon me and I will answer you.' Why has he not answered?" Ibraheem said: "Oh people of Basra, you have died in ten things:
· You recognize Allah, but do not give Him His due right
· You read the book of Allah, but do not act according to it
· You claim to have loved Rasulullah(s), but have turned away from his sunnah
· You claim to acknowledge the enmity of Shaytan to you, but you agree with him in actions
· You say you love Jannah, but you do not work for it
· You say you fear Jahannum, but you have retained yourself inside it
· You acknowledge the reality of death, but you do not prepare for it
· You keep yourself busy with the defects of others, but you put your own defects (hidden) behind your backs
· You consume of the bounty of your Lord, but did not express gratitude
· You bury your dead and do not learn a lesson from it"